Shit’s going to go down!
No game has made me cringe more about blasting some pixelated dude. I have never played something more gritty than RO2. I’m having like serious issues now:
>Be playing as sweet sweet Red army conscript with trusty moist nugget
>See fascists running into building
>Pop one in the chest/gut
>OH MEIN GOTT HELP ME
I’m afraid to sleep tonight.
such is life in the Red Army
Got sorted onto the Germans, sneaked up on this Russian rifleman, started to beat him with the blunt end of my MP40 to conserve ammo.
He starts fighting back. We both run up a flight of stairs, beating the shit out of each other as we go up. Finally, I let loose a burst which catches him in the stomach, but he gets a solid blow to my cranium before I do.
He’s lying on the floor convulsing in pain, crying for help. My vision starts to dim as my head injury gets the better of me. Weakly calling out for help, I collapse to the floor next to the dying, and crying, Russian.
We were the only ones in that house.
Holy shit dude.
All of those feels.
no dude no stop giving me feels it’s 4/20 erryone supposed to b stupid n happy
no it’s Hitler’s birthday. let’s reminisce about the war and share our feels.
I was fighting in the propaganda house as a true proper soldier of the Wehrmacht, using my trusty P38. I’m covering a door when this Russian walks in, and I just shoot him right in the heart. And he starts moaning and weaving around crying.
Jesus I felt so god damn bad ;-;
Although Red Orchestra 2 may have a relatively small community compared to AAA Behemoths such as Call of Duty and Battlefield, Red Orchestra 2 still possess a lively modding scene.
As you all know (if you don’t, what the hell are you doing on PC?), modifications are a crucial and beloved part of true PC gaming. It’s one of the things that make our platform great.
Mods can bring new life to a game. They offer a change of gameplay, graphics, etc, and change the core experience of a game.
Red Orchestra 2 is lined up to recieve a set off bigger overhaul mods, along with smaller, less in depth modifications.
Here are the ones we’re most excited for:
- Rising Storm - Technically, this is actually an official exspansion pack for the game, but since it is made by a mod team, I’ll include it here. This mod takes player to the Pacific, where they will fight in the horrific battles between the Japanses and U.S. This mod will bring a new style of warfare and a variety of new weapons and vehicles such as the iconic ‘M1A1 Thompson’, ‘M1 Garand’, and ‘M4 Sherman Tank’. Fighting will be up close and gritty, and will be playable in co-op campaign, or traditional multiplayer.
- In Country: Vietnam - As the name suggests, this mod will feature the harsh jungle/urban combat experienced in the Vietnam war. You will fight as members of either the U.S Army or the North Vietnamese Army. The announced weapons and equipment so far include, the ‘M16A1’, ‘Type 56 Assault Rifle’, and ‘M18 Claymore Mine’. Combat will have a larger focus on the intense, small infantry unti battles prominent in the Vietnam war.
- Red Orchestra 40,000 - “A mod for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad with content related to the Warhammer 40,000 universe, with altered Red Orchestra gameplay.” - Take from the Red Orchestra 2 forums. Whilst this mod does not have a website, I believe it has a one man team and as such, I’ve linked his contact details instead. This mod is listed as still active.
- Karelian Front - This mod is based on the Finnish Continuation war which was fought between Finland and the Soviet union in 1941-44. New gear for the Finnish army with include the ‘“Suomi” M/31 Submachinegun’ and the legendary ‘M/27 “Pystykorva” bolt action rifle’. More forms of AT weaponary such as the Panzershrek will also be included. This mod will feature less automatic weapons and coupled with no levelling or unlocks will have more of a ‘Classic mode’ feeling. Maps will range from swamps, to forests to plains all over a variety of seasons, making for a unique setting in every map.
- Iron Europe: 1914-1916 - A mod set in World War 1. Pulling away from the traditional (almost cliche) setting of Germany vs. America, this mod will feature conflict between the Germans and the British. This of course means the inclusion of new weapons such as the ‘Lee Enfield No. 1 Mk. 3’, ‘Vickers Machinegun’, and ‘Gewehr 98 Bolt action rifle’. Obviously trench warfare will be a crucial part of this mod, it will not be the only form of combat we will be seeing.
- First to Fight - “First to Fight is a RO: Heros of Stalingrad mod set in the invasion of Poland in 1939. We intend to create a realistic portrayal of the battles fought on the East and West of Poland as it struggles to resist two of the biggest superpowers in the world. The focus of the mod is to create a fully functional Polish faction including infantry weapons, vehicles and maps. The mod will also focus on the German and Soviet factions, kitting them out with equipment accurate to 1939.” - Official mod website.
The following four mods have little-to-no information about them as of yet, therefore I’ll link only to the developers contact information.
- Alien Assault - Set on U.S. soil during the Alien Invasion of Earth.
- Between the States - Mod set during the American Civil War.
- BunkerCraft - Mod for Red Orchestra featuring Minecraft-like enviroments with Red Orchestra-esque gameplay.
- Fall of Berlin - Presumably about the invasion and defeat of Germany at the end of World War 2.
If you would like any further information about the upcoming mods for Red Orchestra 2, feel free to visit the following two ‘sites.
We will be posting about the Red Orchestra 2 Classic game mode, and the original Red Orchestra as well.